The Companion You Need on Your Journey to Providing Better Dementia Care for Your Loved On
Effectively managing the complexities of a loved one’s dementia care requires an experienced partner you can trust. With a 45-year legacy of serving the community, we at the Institute on Aging understand caring for a loved one with dementia or Alzheimer’s can be an overwhelming and emotionally draining experience. We are proud to offer Companioa, a comprehensive program dedicated to aging adults with dementia and their family caregivers. Companioa (come-pan-yuh) is designed to provide reliable and consistent care and support, ensuring your loved one receives the best care possible.
We offer a range of services, including high-quality and reliable In-Home Dementia Care, an Adult Day Program, and our Concierge Client Care. Our team of dementia-trained experts will work with you to learn about your elderly loved one’s strengths, interests, and abilities and explore the best care options to help him or her live the best life possible.
At the Institute on Aging, we’re dedicated to empowering adults with disabilities and their families, providing a community of support to help you through this difficult time. With Companioa, you don’t have to go it alone. We’re here to help and support you every step of the way.
Dementia Care Services
J. Thomas Briody, MHSc
Getting Started Is Simple
Companioa starts with giving us a call or chatting with us, filling out our online form, stopping by our Presidio Enrichment Center, or asking us to meet you at your home. We will then work with you to determine your loved one’s needs as well as begin the process of mapping out a personalized Companioa care plan.
We know the first step is getting to know you and your loved one to learn your unique situation. Once your care coach gets to know you both better, he or she will help build out a plan that works for you and your wallet. Through our family of offerings you can customize services to best suit your needs. Call us today to learn more about our offerings.
If you’re looking for a partner on your journey to providing better care for someone you love with dementia – while also looking for some helpful educational and emotional support for yourself – Companioa is your companion. We’d love to learn about your needs. To get started, fill out the simple form below, or contact us by phone at 415.750.4111
- Bathing and personal care
- Medication assistance
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Transfer assistance
- Wheelchair transfers
- Walker assistance
- Client and caregiver matching (language, personality, needs, etc.)
- Able to provide 1:1 care at home or in a facility
- A modern, safe, supportive environment at the Enrichment Center in the Presidio
- A respite for caregivers, allowing time to recharge
- A connection to community and access to educational resources for caregivers
- Door-to-door transportation
- Daily group exercise
- Mental and intellectual stimulation
- Personalized daily care
- Homemade meals made with fresh ingredients
- Assistance with getting to the bathroom, walking, and meals
- Priced affordably – ask about our grant assistance program!
- Located at 386 Moraga Avenue in the Presidio
- Coordination of health care and community services
- Medical care coordination and accompaniment to medical appointments
- Assistance with long-term planning
- Comprehensive assessments