The companion you need on your journey to providing better care for your loved one with dementia.
For family caregivers and those living with a dementia diagnosis, the world can feel very fragmented. Creating a dementia care plan can be overwhelming and difficult to navigate, leaving many caregivers to wonder if they have made the best decisions for their loved one. Companioa (come-PAN-yuh), Institute on Aging’s comprehensive dementia services, helps families bring together the pieces of a care plan and allows people living with dementia and their caregivers to embrace all that life has to offer.
Companioa serves as a trusted advisor along the journey with dementia, reducing the loneliness and uncertainty many people feel by connecting them to services and to each other. Through home care, care management, caregiver coaching and our adult day program at the Enrichment Center in the Presidio, we bring together the pieces of a care plan, offering the services and resources needed to stay informed, connected, and emotionally supported.
Contact us today
How Companioa works:
Companioa starts with a consultation from your own personal “Care Coach” whose job is to work with you to determine your loved one’s needs as well as begin the process of mapping out a personalized Companioa Care Plan. We know the first step is getting to know you and your loved one to learn your unique situation. Once your Care Coach better knows you both, they will help build out a plan that works for you and your wallet. Through our family of offerings you can customize services to best suit your needs. Call us today to learn more about our offerings.
If you’re looking for a partner on your journey to providing better care for someone you love with dementia – while also looking for some helpful educational and emotional support for yourself – Companioa is your companion. We’d love to learn about your needs. To get started, fill out the simple form below, or contact us by phone at 415.750.4111
- An initial consultation to evaluate home safety and assess care needs
- A customized action plan and strategy sessions to address caregiver goals
- Bi-weekly check-ins
- Interactive education sessions
- Caregiver support groups
- Evidence-based tools to address challenging situations
- Access to support services and resources
- Tech coaching
- Priced at $250 monthly – ask about our grant assistance program!
Adult Day Program
- A modern, safe, supportive environment at the Enrichment Center in the Presidio
- A respite for caregivers, allowing time to recharge
- A connection to community and access to educational resources for caregivers
- Door-to-door transportation
- Daily group exercise
- Mental and intellectual stimulation
- Personalized daily care
- Homemade meals made with fresh ingredients
- Assistance with getting to the bathroom, walking, and meals
- Priced at $100 a day – ask about our grant assistance program!
- Located at 386 Moraga Avenue in the Presidio
- Bathing and personal care
- Medication assistance
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Transfer assistance
- Wheelchair transfers
- Walker assistance
- Client and caregiver matching (language, personality, needs, etc.)
- Able to provide 1:1 care at home or in a facility
- Coordination of health care and community services
- Medical care coordination and accompaniment to medical appointments
- Assistance with long-term planning
- Comprehensive assessments
Companioa means ongoing learning and enrichment:
In addition to planning with your Caregiving Coach, Companioa provides ongoing learning and enrichment via online educational seminars to connect you with a wide range of helpful resources related to providing care for someone living with dementia. And our caregiver support groups bring together people living through a shared experience. There’s always an opportunity to learn, connect and receive guidance and advice with others who are on your journey.
Priced to meet your needs:
Our Adult Day Program at the Enrichment Center in the Presidio is priced at $100 daily, and Caregiver Coaching is priced at $250 for a monthly membership. Grants are available to either supplement or cover these costs. Additional offerings including our specialized dementia home care assistance and Care Management are also available to supplement your comprehensive dementia care plan.
This program serving the community is funded by the City of San Francisco’s Department of Disability and Aging Services
Connect with us about Companioa today.
If you’re looking for a partner on your journey to providing better care for someone you love with dementia – while also looking for some helpful educational and emotional support for yourself – Companioa is your companion. We’d love to learn about your needs. To get started, fill out the simple form below or contact us by phone at 415.750.4111