Support at Home is the new program administered by Institute on Aging (IOA) to provide home care vouchers to keep San Francisco adults with disabilities and older adults living safely in the community. The goal of Support at Home is to serve adults living in the community by providing resources for needed home care that are not available through any other mechanisms due to financial challenges.
Support at Home promotes stable community living for adults with disabilities and older adults and the values of dignity and aging in place. Support at Home is funded by the City & County of San Francisco through the Department of Disability and Aging Services (DAS).
Please call IOA at 415.750.4111 for questions regarding eligibility criteria or to make a referral.
To be eligible for Support at Home, an individual must meet all of the following characteristics:
- Resident of San Francisco;
- 18 years of age or older;
- Require assistance with a minimum of two (2) Activities of Daily Living and/or Instrumental Activities of Daily Living;
- Monthly income does not exceed 100% of Area Median Income (available at sfmohcd.org);
- Assets do not exceed $40,000 (excluding one house and one car);
- Able to demonstrate financial and functional need for subsidized home care;
- Willing to pay a portion of the home care cost;
- Willing to participate in program requirements and evaluations; and
- Ineligible for other subsidized home care through programs such as IHSS, Community Living Fund, In-Home Operations or other state waiver programs.
To make a referral right now, please fill out the Support at Home Intake Form.