Support at Home (S@H) is the new program administered by the Institute on Aging (IOA) to provide home care vouchers to keep San Francisco adults with disabilities and older adults living safely in the community. The goal of S@H is to provide resources for needed home care that are not accessible through any other means due to affordability challenges.
The S@H program is funded by the City & County of San Francisco through the Department of Disability and Aging Services (DAS). S@H is part of a city-wide effort to ensure San Francisco is an equitable, inclusive city for adults of all abilities to age in place with dignity.
Call the Institute on Aging Connect Department 415.750.4111 for questions regarding eligibility criteria or to make a referral.
To be eligible for S@H, an individual must meet all of the following characteristics:
- Resident of San Francisco
- 18 years of age or older
- Require assistance with a minimum of two (2) Activities of Daily Living and/or Instrumental Activities of Daily Living
- Monthly income does not exceed 100% of Area Median Income (available at sfmohcd.org)
- Assets do not exceed $40,000 (excluding one house and one car)
- Demonstrate financial and functional need for partially subsidized home care
- Willing to pay a portion of the home care cost (called a Copay)
- Willing to participate in program requirements
- Ineligible for other subsidized home care through programs such as IHSS, Community Living Fund, In-Home Operations, or other state waiver programs.
ELIGIBILE HOME CARE SERVICES:
Domestic services such as grocery shopping, meal preparation, laundry, and light housework; non-medical personal services such as eating, bathing, grooming, and dressing; and accompaniment services to and from appointments with health practitioners.
To make a referral by phone, call Connect: 415.750.4111
To submit a referral online, fill out an Intake Form: S@H Intake Form
IOA Support at Home Program Client Orientation Video
Check out this video to learn how our program works!